[分享] Out.com对《同志圣诞节》里的主角之一Nathan---Adamo Ruggiero的采访

本帖最后由 ansonhjw 于 2009-12-20 04:08 编辑

Out.com对《同志圣诞节》里的主角之一Nathan的演员Adamo Ruggiero的采访

我的英文水平有限,随便翻译了下大致看明白就行。
原文地址:http://www.out.com/detail.asp?page=1&id=26293

Out: You grew up in Canada and still call it home. What are the differences you see in the gay culture there compared to here in the States?
Adamo Ruggiero: It’s hard for me to say because I can only speak for Toronto and the only place I can really speak of in the States is L.A. I think after spending so much time in L.A., you guys have so much more to fight for. I was there during the Prop 8 rallies, which was such a moving experience. I loved seeing the passion and how united the community was. I was also there during Pride. That was super awesome! I don’t think there are really too many differences. It has the same tone and culture, at least in the Village [the gay strip in Toronto]. I did see a lot more unity and passion in L.A., and I think that’s because of all you are fighting for. Toronto is also in a unique place right now with the gay community because it seems to be expanding.

这里主要是问Adomo对于加拿大和美国之间的同志文化有什么区别。

In Make the Yuletide Gay you play Nathan Stanford. How would you describe him?
He’s a very independent, very sure of himself guy. He’s comfortable with his sexuality.

在《Make the Yuletide Gay》里您饰演Nathan这个角色,请问您自己对这个角色有什么看法?
Nathan是一个很独立,很自信,相处起来很舒适自在的一个人。

How is he different from Marco on Degrassi: The Next Generation?
I think they are different in regards to where I am or was. When I played Marco, he was coming out as I was coming out publicly. He was coming of age, and I followed that process, which was very lovely and honest. With Nathan, he was already out of the closet like I was. So, I was more confident. Nathan is very open and honest, and so am I. It’s been a journey.

这里主要是问Nathan这个角色和《Degrassi: The Next Generation》里的Marco这个角色有什么不同?(Degrassi: The Next Generation是Adomo参演的一部剧集)

How did you get involved in the film?
Rob Williams [the film’s writer and director] enjoyed my portrayal of Marco and sent the script to my agent in Toronto. This is really rare for a Canadian actor. This isn’t Hollywood where you do one big gig and suddenly everyone is interested. I was totally excited. Then I read it and it was hilarious and heartfelt. I really wasn’t expecting that, and it was the first time anyone had ever come to me and asked me to be a part of something. I told my agent that it was right up my alley, and I wanted to do it. I also thought it was an important story to tell.

如何获得参演《Make the Yuletide Gay》的机会的?

编剧和导演非常欣赏Adomo在《Degrassi: The Next Generation》里的表现,发了份剧本给我多伦多的经纪人。这相对加拿大的艺人来说是比较罕见的,这里不像荷里活那样,你举办了一个大型演唱会而意外的所有人都很喜欢。我知道后当然很高兴很兴奋,然后我看了剧本,写得很好,内容非常开心有趣和真诚。我告诉经纪人这个剧本非常适合我,我十分想参演这部片子,同时我也知道这部片子讲述的故事所带出来的意义对同志群体来说是非常重要的。

This is your second role as a gay character. Aren’t you concerned with being typecast?
Honestly, I’m not as concerned as everyone around me is. I want to do these roles, not only for myself, but also for the LGBT youth community. I want them to know that it’s okay to be gay and that you can be successful. I don’t mind being typecast. I feel there are a lot of stories out there that can be told about the LGBT community, and I’m so lucky that I’ve had the opportunity to be in shows that put me at the forefront of the culture and everything it has going for it. I would welcome any roles that come my way, but right now I’m A-OK with having a gay path.

这是你第二次担演同志角色,你会担心这会定死你以后的演绎类型吗?

老实说我并不担心,我想这样做,并不只是为了我自己,也为了众多年轻的同志群体,我想让他们知道作为一个同志你也同样是可以很成功的。我不介意这会成为我以后的演绎模式,我觉得在同志群体里还有很多故事是未被人所知,我很幸运我有这个机会走上前去做这个事情。我当然也期望可以获得更多不同类型的角色,但在目前,我非常高兴可以担演同志这个角色。

When you started playing Marco you were 15. Were you concerned about playing a gay character then?
I didn’t know that he was going to be gay. I just knew that I had this part on a major show, and it was a dream come true. Then as I started to realize that my character was gay, it really was a stressful time. I felt very insecure because I felt that all of my secrets were being projected for the world, including my parents. It was also hard representing the character because a lot of kids were coming up to me and admiring my work for playing Marco, and I felt like a fraud because I really didn’t connect with him in the way that I wanted to. I was just so scared about everything that would follow if I did come out. I went a little crazy, but once I got my feet on the ground and realized who I was, I was able to let go of all the fears that I was carrying on my back. It was part of becoming an adult. As a kid I really didn’t have that skill and didn’t know how to deal with it.

您开始出演Marco的时候你才15岁,当时的你会担心饰演同志这样一个角色吗?

开始的时候我并不知道Marco最后会成为同志,我当时只知道我在一个大型剧集里获得了一个角色,我终于梦想成真了。到我开始真正意识到Marco这个角色会变成同志后,我感到非常不安,因为我知道这最终会把我心里最大的秘密告诉全世界,尤其是里面还包括了我的家人。同时也觉得非常难去演绎这个角色,因为太多的朋友跑来告诉我说我把Marco演的太出色了,说我的演技实在太好了,这让我觉得我就像一个骗子。我非常害怕如果我真的出柜那随之而来的一切,那段时间我变得有点疯狂。后来有一天我开始意识到我应该要脚踏实地的做人,要勇敢的去面对这些问题。这是成长的一段历程。当时还是一个孩子的我是没有太多的能力和经验去处理好这些事情的。

When did you know you were gay?
I came out publicly when I was 21 in January 2008, but I came out to my friends pretty early on. When I was 15 I came out to my first friend. Her name was Brittany, and she was just the coolest chic ever. She was the only one who knew for a long time. Then later on in high school I shared it with a lot of my other friends. I think to some extent I always knew, even in elementary school. I don’t think I would’ve put the word "gay" to it then because I was too young, but I never did what the other guys did. I was hanging out with the girls a lot and doing a lot of feminine things. I didn’t think of it in terms of being gay or straight, but I did feel separated. It wasn’t until I was 13 that I knew what it meant to be gay or straight.

您是什么时候知道自己是GAY的呢?

我公开出柜是2008年1月,那时候我21岁。但是在朋友面前出柜就比较早了,我15岁那年告诉我最好的朋友Brittany我是GAY,她是那样的冷静和潇洒,在很长的一段时间里她是唯一知情的一个。后来到了高中后,我开始告诉更多的朋友。其实我认为我很早以前就已经在一定程度上知道自己的性向。即使是在上小学我还不知道GAY这个词的时候,那时候确实是太小了,但是我却从来都没做过其他男孩子所做过的事情,相反是和很多女孩子一起玩做了很多很女孩子气的事情,当然我并不是认为这就是让人变成GAY或者直男的因素,但我的确感到很不同,直到我13岁知道什么是GAY或者直男。

What is something you did that may have turned some heads?
For my high school graduation I sang the Spice Girls song “Goodbye.”

我在高中毕业礼上唱了Spice Girls(辣妹)的歌“Goodbye”。-------哈哈,确实够胆

Just like Marco, you came out to your mother in your bedroom and your father in the kitchen. What are your parents like?
My mother is very glam and fab. She’s so elegant and is not afraid of furs and great boots. I always tell her, “You are most likely the reason I’m gay.” My dad is a big soccer fan and is just fantastic.

在剧集里Marco在睡房里向母亲出柜,在厨房向父亲出柜。那现实中你的父母又是如何呢?

我的母亲是一个非常好人的人,非常有魅力,很优雅,很勇敢和善解任意。我经常和她说,她估计就是我成为GAY的最大因素。我父亲是一个足球迷,他相当的了不起。

How did your older brother respond to you being gay?
He is my hero. He is the coolest guy. He’s the typical straight guy. He’s also a thinker with a very open mind. In fact, he actually approached me. I’m not sure if I’ve ever told this story before. He sent me a text message and wrote, “Hey, you know how Marco’s mom knew? Well, I know too.” He said “I know what you’re going through -- let me help you.” Ever since he opened that door, I learned a lot about stereotypes. Of course there are stereotypes within the gay community, but we also have them about straight people, too.

您的哥哥对于你是GAY有什么反应?

哦,他简直就是我的英雄。他是个很冷静的人,典型的直男。同时他也是思想很开放的人。实际上,是我哥哥先和我提起这个事情的,他给我发了信息,里面写到“嘿,你知道Marco的妈妈是怎么知道的吗?我现在也知道了哦”他说“我知道你正要经历的是什么,让我帮你吧”,自那以后,我从哥哥那里学到了很多,了解到很多我之前并不太清楚的事情。

Like what?
We have this perception of the clichéd straight jocks, which my brother would totally fit into. But his open-mindedness that he always had -- I never gave him credit for it. He is my biggest supporter, though. I never would have expected that, so it was a big eye-opening experience. I underestimated him, and I think we underestimate a lot of people out of fear.

例如什么?

一些老套的直男笑话,哪些可以把我哥哥给代用进去的之类,但是他从来都不介意,我哥哥是我最大的支持者。尽管我从没有期望过,所以这让我非常的吃惊,发觉我对哥哥原来了解的太少了,同时也认为我们因为恐惧害怕而对身边的人和事物的了解不足。

Adam Lambert is another young star, who, like you, is very secure in his sexuality. Did you see his performance on the American Music Awards?
[Hesitantly] I did.

And what were your thoughts?
Oh, I knew this was coming.

Well…
I truly admire how open and how confident he is in how he projects himself. He makes no apologies. We have to have people like Adam Lambert who show that it’s OK to be gay and to be yourself. At the same time we have to work hard to educate the people around us and not alienate them. It’s a double-edged sword. Coming out is about educating everyone around you, but you have to balance the messages. Adam’s willingness resonates with me, but we have to show that we are an important and -- actually -- a normal community. It’s very much like the pride festivals. We put ourselves out there and have such amazing messages, but at the same time some people don’t know how to deal with all the colors and the flamboyance. We should be able to kiss who we want to kiss and represent the community, but we need to deal with the paperwork that may come with it after the act

上面这些是问Adomo对于《美国偶像》第八季亚军Adam Lambert的一些看法之类的。(Adam Lambert 也是GAY)

Who is your biggest idol right now?
Lady Gaga. I know it’s such a cliché gay thing to say, but I’m A-OK with it. She’s fantastic. I think she’s brought art back to pop culture. She has a huge amount of individuality, and I absolutely love it.

谁是你最喜欢的偶像?

Lady Gaga(美国新晋舞后),我知道这是一个非常GAY的事情,不过我确实是很喜欢她,她非常的出色,我认为她把艺术带回了流行音乐文化里面。

You once said your first celebrity crush was Mary-Kate Olsen. But who was the first celebrity male you had a crush on?
Oh my God! This is going to sound weird, but I remember growing up and my brother and I were really big X-Files fans. We used to watch it all the time. I know it’s the weirdest thing, but David Duchovny. I just thought he was so cool, and it was probably my earliest crush as a kid.

你说你的第一个迷恋上的名人是Mary-Kate Olsen。那谁是你第一个迷恋上的男艺人呢?

噢,额滴神啊。。。这个说出来让人觉得怪怪的(害羞害羞)。我记得我和哥哥都是X-Files的影迷,我们经常一起看了很多次。噢。。(太害羞了) 那个David Duchovny(X-Files男主角),我认为他很酷,大概他就是我第一个迷恋上的男艺人吧。

Are you currently involved in a relationship?
Nope. I’m single.

那你现在有没有说和某人处于什么关系下吗?

我现在单身。

What do you look for in a man?
Oh, that’s the story of my life. I’m not looking for anything specific or fancy. What I fantasize about is nothing like who I end up dating.

And what do you fantasize about?
I want a man-man. He has to be confident with himself and have a sense of humor. I’m a bit of a neurotic, so I need a stable man -- preferably with a beard and nice jawline.

你梦想的对象是怎样的?

我希望是个男人中的男人,非常的自信,有幽默感。我自己有那么一点的神经质,所以我需要一个成熟稳重的男人,最好就是能有络腮胡子和一个漂亮的下巴。

Would you like to get married one day?
That’s such a hard question because I haven’t met somebody. It seems like such a far away thing for me. I am a romantic at heart. I do appreciate having someone there with me. I can’t be independent all the time, so I do hope to find the man who can spoon with me forever. I want someone to curl up with me in bed.

你会有一天想要结婚吗?

这个问题太难回答了,因为我甚至还没遇到所谓的某人,这对于我来说实在是太过遥远的事情了。我是一个很罗曼蒂克的人,我当然会非常感谢能有某个我所爱的人和我一起。我并不能说一直很独立这样子,所以我当然希望能找到一个能搂抱着我在被窝里一辈子的人。

You said you’d like to play more gay characters in the future. What kind of gay characters would you like to explore?
I want to play a character who struggles with issues outside of being gay. My straight friends go through the same kinds of things that gay people my age do. We’re worried about finding a job or how to deal with our families. I think if we show a character who doesn’t talk about his sexuality so bluntly, it will be more powerful. We could just show a guy going home to his boyfriend and how they deal with being together. We all go through the same shit.

你之前表示在未来的时间里愿意去饰演跟多的同志角色,那怎样的一个同志角色是你想去诠释的呢?

我希望是能演绎一个对于自己成为同志有着很大的心理斗争的一个人。我的一些直男友人在经历过同样的同龄GAY所做的事情后,我们非常担心关于寻找工作和与家人相处的问题。我想如果我们能诠释出一个人物性格让大家都认为是一个率真的人的话,那将会更有力量些。我们甚至可以只是演绎一个人回家后如何处理好与男友之间的关系的这样一些事情。要知道我们大家都在经历着同样的困难。

Finally, what are you the most proud of?
The two Pride episodes I did on Degrassi.

最后,什么是你最自豪的事情?

噢,那就是在《Degrassi: The Next Generation》里所做的。

评分人数

• uykio

• 小P

他给人真是的感觉。

主角真帅啊··嘿嘿赞一个

小生决定去看一下这部片子,谢谢楼主分享了。主角居然也出柜了~~
寂寞与孤独;幸福与成长;相知与相遇

我更喜欢另外那个男主角..

Degrassi: The Next Generation做字幕吧 9个季而已嘛{:3_248:}

还没有看这部电影,要去看看