摇滚不死,妖娆不止~We set out to change the world. Ended up just changing ourselves.

Put out the torches! Hide the moon! Hide the stars!

熄灭火把,藏起月亮,藏起星星。——《莎乐美》结尾希律王最后一句台词

HEROD (rising): Ah! There speaks the incestuous wife! Come! I will not stay here. Come, I tell thee. Surely some terrible thing will befall. Masasseth, Issachar, Ozias, put out the torches. I will not look at things, I will not suffer things to look at me. Put out the torches! Hide the moon! Hide the stars! Let us hide ourselves in our palace, Herodias. I begin to be afraid.

把这段话全打出来是因为:在中国文学出版社的《王尔德全集·莎乐美》中并没有这句话——不过译林的《莎乐美 道林·格雷的画像》中有,所以,大概是翻译版本不同。

“I know I should create a sensation,” gasped the rocket, and he went out.

“我知道我要大出风头的。”火箭喘息着说,他熄灭了。——《了不起的火箭》(The Remarkable Rocket)

There were times when it appeared to Dorian Gray that the whole of history was merely the record of his own life, not as he had lived it in act and circumstance, but as his imagination had created it for him, as it had been in his Brian and in his passions. He felt that he had known them all, those strange terrible figures that had passed across the stage of the world and made sin so marvellous and evil so full of subtlety. It seemed to him that in some mysterious way their lives had been his own.

道林·格雷有时候觉得自古至今的一部历史无非是他自己一生的记录,不过记载的不是他实际度过的生活,而是他的想象所创造的、存在于他的脑海和欲望中的生活。那些离奇可怕的人物曾经先后登上世界舞台,他们犯罪也是壮美的,作恶也是细腻的;道林·格雷觉得自己同他们似曾相识,他们的生活同他自己的生活有着某种神秘的联系。——《道林·格雷的画像》(The Picture of Dorian Gray)第11章

The first duty in life is to assume a pose what the second duty is, no one has yet found out.

人生首要责任是尽量虚伪。至于第二责任是什么,至今尚无人发现。——《供年轻人使用的至理名言》

Nothing makes one so vain as being told that one is a sinner.

一个人虚荣心的最大的满足,莫过于被说成是堕入魔障的罪人。——《道林·格雷的画像》(The Picture of Dorian Gray)第8章

The world is changed ‘cause you are made of ivory and gold. The curves of your lips rewrite history.

世界因你而改变,因为你是象牙和黄金所造,你嘴唇的曲线将重写历史。——《道林·格雷的画像》(The Picture of Dorian Gray)第8章

A real artist creates beautiful things and puts nothing of his own life into them.

一个真正的艺术家应当创造美的作品,但不应当把个人生活中的任何东西放进去。——《道林·格雷的画像》(The Picture of Dorian Gray)第1章

• 三国群英传私服
  •