Queer As Folk中文站 | 同志亦凡人中文站 | QAF中文站

cora 发表于 2013-4-16 13:51

2013年4月Gale接受NYCasting的新访问【新照片2张|翻译整理】

[i=s] 本帖最后由 cora 于 2013-5-3 11:22 编辑 [/i]

NYCastings对Gale的新访问:
[url]http://www.nycastings.com/dmxreadyv2/blogmanager/v3_blogmanager.asp?post=guys:aresame-sexscenesachallenge?[/url]

[img]http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/76150757gw1e4a46f460gj20c83f81g6.jpg[/img]

[color=Blue]图片简介:[/color]

[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8113/8653532397_d0b5700459.jpg[/img]
这张图片由Robert Beckwith拍摄,他之前曾负责拍摄Gale的舞台剧<Orpheus Descending>的所有宣传照

[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8099/8654633968_3f36ebc9de.jpg[/img]
这张照片拍摄于西班牙毕尔巴鄂的The Do&ntilde;a Casilda Iturrizar公园,Gale模仿的雕像是意大利作曲家Giuseppe Verdi。

[color=Blue]访谈原文:[/color]
[b]Guys: Are Same-Sex Scenes A Challenge? [/b]

Gale Harold of "Queer as Folk," Jessie Smith of "Days of Our Lives" and Dan Feuerriegel of "Spartacus" weigh in on what was once the most controversial characters to portray.

Gale Harold, best known as Brian Kinney from Showtime's "Queer as Folk", has also appeared in numerous plays, films and television series such as "Desperate Housewives" and "The Secret Circle." Watch for his latest film, currently in production, called "The Being Experience."

[b]You gave us quite a scare when you had your motorcycle accident during your "Desperate Housewives" run. Has the accident changed you regarding how you feel about life and your career?[/b]

"The accident was a definite mortality check. Afterwards I had to re-think life from almost every angle. I learned how lucky I am not only to be alive, but to be surrounded by the wonderful people in my life who came to my side, looked after me and gave me an anchor to rely on. Their presence was fundamental in my recovery not only physically but psychologically. The places I went to were the worst and most terrifying I've ever experienced. I really believe that seeing the faces and hearing the voices of these people made it possible for me to find a way out of the darkness. They helped me find faith. Religion hasn't been a part of my life for a long time, if ever, but I do have a new found appreciation of the principle of faith. Some say that Jesus is the rock, or the anchor. I say that your friends and family are your anchor. And you can REALLY hold their hands, not just sing about it. No disrespect to George Jones."

[b]How many motorcycles do you have and what makes/models?[/b]

"I have a few. All Italian. My favorite? It's a tie between two Ducatis. A 1973 750 GT with right side shift, and a 1978 900 Sport Darmah set up like an SS. My Darmah has a four leaf clover on the keychain. That's all the good luck I get. I ride with my good friend Hugo and a Scottish genius named Leif Lewis who I rely on to look after all the serious work my motos need."

[b]You came to acting when you were close to 30 years old due to the persuasion of one of your friends. At what point did you realize this is what you wanted to do as a career?[/b]

"I started studying at 26. Before that I never thought of acting as something that I would ever try. I had screwed around with some bizarre 'performances' that I filmed on Super 8 for a film class I was taking at SFAI, but the pieces were super raw and primitive. After I began to explore what an actor actually is, I studied for three years before I had the guts to go on an audition. Pure terror. That's one moment I'd like to experience again. An acting career? Many days it feels like I'm in an extended existential experiment. I feel blessed and very fortunate, but a lot of my dreams continue to evade me..."

[b]How did you get your first agent and/or manager representation?[/b]

"My first manager, Suzanne DeWalt, saw a play I was in. She was invited by the director Joan Scheckel, who was my first real acting teacher. Joan was also good friends with my friend Susie Landau Finch who had first encouraged me to consider acting, so that's how I began studying."

[b]What was the audition like for "Queer As Folk?”[/b]

"When that audition happened, I had already decided to leave Los Angeles. I hadn't decided where I was headed but it was going to be either Chicago or New York. I couldn't decide which because I had $5 to my name. The cart was definitely before the horse.

I had no reservations about the part. I had reservations about auditioning. I was slightly traumatized by my 99% record of rejection. I had been cast in one part. That film was a blast, but I was still trying to toughen up to survive the brutality of the other 99%. I didn't believe I'd ever get another job in front of a camera, and wanted to figure out if I could cut it on stage in New York or Chicago. At the audition I read from sides for Linda Lowy, the casting director, and I read with her associate John Brace. I had seen the original on a VHS tape my girlfriend had. I thought Aiden Gillen was a total badass, but didn't think it would ever work as an American adaptation. Anyway, I'd vowed this would be my last Los Angeles audition. Apparently it went well.

There were a series of callbacks which required a haircut (I think), and the purchase of a suit I couldn't afford. The callback and test process was a nail-biter. The strangeness of performing in a boardroom environment surrounded by executives was so intense I might as well have been walking through a remake of the video for ASHES TO ASHES by David Bowie. And that was only slightly less bizarre than an actor who was testing for the character of Michael telling me he wasn't going to kiss me just before we went into the room. Had he even read the scene? We'll never know..."

[b]Once you had the part, what type of research did you do to portray the selfish, gay Brian Kinney?[/b]

"I had enough gay friends to have taken a few spins through the happy bars of San Francisco (where I lived for almost nine years) and Los Angeles. And I grew up in Atlanta. I'd worked and lived in mid-town for a few years, so a lot of the "social' research was already done.

My take on Brian was foremost one of free will. It seemed to me that the most direct way to find him was to underplay all the cliches. He simply wanted men and believed he was right. He had no need to question himself. Of course those were my angles. How he came across was the result of those choices I made blended with the way the part was written, shot and edited. I kept returning to my belief that his sexuality was not up for debate by anyone, himself included. That was very freeing, and it inspired me to deflect all speculation about my own sexuality. I'm straight, but the character was too important to me to muddle his world with my private life. As a nobody, I got away with that deflection. I think it may have helped to introduce Brian as a believable gay man. Maybe not. However it played, it's been out of my hands for a long time."

[b]Brian Kinney was a very strong character to bring to American television at the time. Did you have any fears or thoughts that people around the globe would say you're not properly portraying a gay man?[/b]

"Hell no! Well, I say that now with the benefit of hindsight. Seriously, at the time I was just a naive hetero thinking that all gay men would slap me on the back and say "right on". I was basically unfazed by gay culture as I understood it. But I hadn't even scratched the surface of what it means to grow up and survive being gay in America. In the 13 years since QAF hit America, much has changed. Thank goodness for that. But honestly, I was not prepared for the affect that role would have. I probably thought that because I was a serious devotee of Burroughs, and Cocteau, and Genet, I had a deep understanding of gay culture. I wasn't even close! And I definitely wasn't prepared for the backlash I got from those who saw me as an unwelcome trespasser."

[b]Did you at any point feel uncomfortable when having such intimate scenes with other men?[/b]

"Revealing yourself, physically or emotionally, to cast and crew is frequently uncomfortable. But it is essential if you want to to tell the truth. I felt more at ease being bold with some than I did with others. I was incredibly fortunate to have worked with Randy Harrison as Justin Taylor. We share enough taste in music and art to have had a real camaraderie, and luckily that evolved into a deep friendship."

[b]What's your advice to actors who will be doing same-sex scenes for the first time?[/b]

"Tricky question. I'm no expert. All I can say is that if you are fortunate enough to be playing a character who is developed enough that you can mine his or her identity-which isn't always the case-decide what or how the character behaves before and after sex. Basic. And then be yourself. Kiss well and passionately (if that makes sense), and move like you mean it!"

[b]Anything else you'd like to say?[/b]

"Stay tuned!"

[color=DimGray]Gale Harold is scheduled to appear at Rise 'n Shine in Los Angeles, CA on July 6, 2013 alongside Randy Harrison (Justin Taylor) and other “QAF” actors. Gale's also slated to be at Queens of the Road Con in Spain on March 28-30, 2014.[/color]

Special thanks to @CassieGD and @verybookish

翻译整理要稍候哈~~

clever 发表于 2013-4-16 14:30

[i=s] 本帖最后由 clever 于 2013-4-16 14:31 编辑 [/i]

I felt more at ease being bold with some than I did with others. I was incredibly fortunate to have worked with Randy Harrison as Justin Taylor. We share enough taste in music and art to have had a real camaraderie, and luckily that evolved into a deep friendship 唉,如果gale是gay他俩一定会相爱的吧

佳佳4010 发表于 2013-4-16 17:43

最后一张卖萌照真可爱~~

zhuanyong20101 发表于 2013-4-16 19:52

gale最近很活跃啊,cora大人辛苦了,坐等翻译

似水流年成追忆 发表于 2013-4-16 21:16

感谢楼主的辛勤,带来大叔的消息

lishaoping317 发表于 2013-4-16 21:28

翻译辛苦了

xbouyang 发表于 2013-4-16 21:54

谢谢Cora 大大, 辛苦了!

cora 发表于 2013-4-16 23:17

最近比较忙,要翻译的东西比较多,进度会比较慢...{:3_722:}
大家比较想看电台访谈聊音乐那个还是这个翻译咧?

一点一滴 发表于 2013-4-17 05:10

第二张还是没长大的感觉,可惜英文看不懂。

zhuanyong20101 发表于 2013-4-17 20:16

[b]回复 [url=http://www.qafone.net/redirect.php?goto=findpost&pid=10324927&ptid=173816]8#[/url] [i]cora[/i] [/b]

我不着急,我耐心等,只要大人给翻译就好{:3_711:}

xbouyang 发表于 2013-4-17 21:55

RE: 2013年4月Gale接受NYCasting的新访问【新照片2张】

[b]回复 [url=http://www.qafone.net/redirect.php?goto=findpost&pid=10324927&ptid=173816]8#[/url] [i]cora[/i]

哪个都可以,只要是关天大叔的 {:2_780:}

chy2388222 发表于 2013-4-18 11:06

有新消息,好可爱

第七天99 发表于 2013-4-18 17:27

[i=s] 本帖最后由 第七天99 于 2013-4-18 17:28 编辑 [/i]

[b]回复 [url=http://www.qafone.net/redirect.php?goto=findpost&pid=10322988&ptid=173816]2#[/url] [i]clever[/i] [/b]
嘿嘿,至少说明Gale和Randy私下关系还是蛮好滴,而且两人也很志趣相投啊,这就已经很好了嘛!

[b]回复 [url=http://www.qafone.net/redirect.php?goto=findpost&pid=10324927&ptid=173816]8#[/url] [i]cora[/i] [/b]

呵,这个有文字的至少可以看个大概,那个电台采访偶是完全听力无能,还是想先看到那个的翻译。
而且Gale聊他比较感兴趣的话题时也比较放得开啊,希望了解他更多生活中的喜好之类的。

金色栀子 发表于 2013-4-18 23:41

Gale和RANDY感觉都是被时光宠爱的啊,一点都不见老呢{:2_793:}

cora 发表于 2013-5-2 18:23

翻译整理出来鸟{:3_732:}

満Moon猫 发表于 2013-5-2 20:25

Wow.....太棒了 整理了好多哦.....
肯定花了不少心思{:3_657:}cora大~~~辛苦了!!!!!

虽然觉得摩托车很酷...喜欢摩托车的Gale更是酷........但还是觉得皮包铁和铁包皮是不太一样的....叔,注意安全哦~~~

xbouyang 发表于 2013-5-2 23:16

谢谢CORA 大大的辛勤劳动,中文英文 一起看要看好几篇,才可以领会些老大想法呢;

"I was incredibly fortunate to have worked with Randy Harrison as Justin Taylor. We share enough taste in music and art to have had a real camaraderie, and luckily that evolved into a deep friendship."
"if you are fortunate enough to be playing a character who is developed enough that you can mine his or her identity-which isn't always the case-decide what or how the character behaves before and after sex. Basic. And then be yourself. Kiss well and passionately (if that makes sense), and move like you mean it!"  - 这两段好像让我明白 为什么 LARRY KING LIVE 里宝贝悄悄对大叔说 "I love you".

cora 发表于 2013-5-3 10:12

[b]回复 [url=http://www.qafone.net/redirect.php?goto=findpost&pid=10400166&ptid=173816]16#[/url] [i]満Moon猫[/i] [/b]
就素~~光靠四叶草哪行咧{:3_673:}一定要安全驾驶~~

[b]回复 [url=http://www.qafone.net/redirect.php?goto=findpost&pid=10401575&ptid=173816]17#[/url] [i]xbouyang[/i] [/b]
还是不太明白 总是不太明白他想说什么{:3_722:}

abdoubtion 发表于 2013-6-26 07:39

帥氣的男人 長的真好看

zhuzhao 发表于 2013-6-30 11:58

不管多少年过去了,叔还是一样的迷人啊!!!
希望叔能够一直平平安安的!

enron1988112 发表于 2013-7-18 09:02

叔相当帅气的哇

entire 发表于 2013-8-21 19:27

这么多年了还是这么亲疏有别

entire 发表于 2013-8-21 20:12

他好象是有点变了,从含糊其辞到指名道姓

klaj2008 发表于 2013-8-28 16:13

[b]回复 [url=http://www.qafone.net/redirect.php?goto=findpost&pid=10322988&ptid=173816]2#[/url] [i]clever[/i] [/b]

虽然不是gay,却演来逼真

miaobrian 发表于 2013-12-19 23:30

谢谢楼主分享!

geren 发表于 2013-12-20 16:58

大叔帅气依旧,感谢楼主带来大叔的最新消息,这么多年了,还是这么迷他。。。。。。

elshuang 发表于 2013-12-29 02:00

是啊,非常依然

elshuang 发表于 2013-12-29 02:07

风采依然,不好意思没注意打错了

页: [1]